Digital Badging Program
Begin earning your digital badges today!
With AOTA Continuing Education’s new digital badge program, you can now easily share your learning achievements with your peers, potential employers, educational institutions, and more!
Digital badges are web-enabled representations of a collection of learning achievements. They can appear on web pages, your email signature line and other social media. Digital badges have transformed the way education and accomplishments are being recognized.
Representing your knowledge as a badge gives you the ability to share your accomplishments online in a way that is simple, trusted, and can be easily verified in real time. Badges provide employers and peers concrete evidence of what you can do as a result of your education—and what specialized skills you have now earned.
You’ve invested time, energy, and money into your continuing education. Make sure the right people know about it!
Digital Badges Are:
- The new, trusted way to share your learning achievements online or on your résumé.
- Easily verified in real time.
- Concrete evidence of your accomplishments and your capabilities.
- Free of charge to AOTA members to download and claim. (Members must complete the badge’s requirements prior to claiming.)
Read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
How To Earn A Badge
- Ensure your AOTA membership is up to date. You can renew or join if you need to.
- Take and pass (with a grade of 75% or higher) designated AOTA CE courses in a particular practice area (e.g., Low Vision, Early Identification, Autism, etc.).
- Once the groups of courses are successfully completed, apply for your digital badge.
How To Collect Your Badge
- Go to the store at store.aota.org and search for your desired badge or click the link on the badge table. All badges are free of charge but you must put a badge in your shopping cart and check out as you normally would.
- Once you order your free badge, AOTA staff will review the application and submit it to the Acclaim badging system when the application is complete and confirmed to be accurate. Acclaim is AOTA’s digital badge provider.
- Once approved, you will receive an email from Acclaim with instructions for creating an account and claiming your badge.
- There is NO charge for claiming and sharing your badge.
Share Your Digital Badge!
Share your badge quickly and easily from Acclaim to Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
You can also embed your badge into a website, share it via email, or include your unique badge and URL on a résumé.
You can also easily add your badge to your email signature.
Every badge you earn is securely stored on Acclaim and can be verified with a single click.