The Academic Education Special Interest Section (formerly Education SIS) was created by the American Occupational Therapy Association in 1991. Academic Education SIS members share a common interest in the field of occupational therapy education and include fieldwork educators, academic fieldwork coordinators, and students. The Academic Education SIS has a Fieldwork Council Subsection for fieldwork educators and academic fieldwork coordinators.
As a member of the Academic Education SIS you will
- receive the SIS Quarterly Practice Connections, which contains informative articles on education;
- be able to attend the Fieldwork Council Subsection meeting and Faculty Subsection meeting forum;
- be able to ask questions to all members participating in the Academic Education SIS discussion forum;
- be eligible to vote for the Academic Education SIS chairperson and have representation on the Commission on Education; and
- attend the Academic Education SIS annual program and business meeting to provide grassroots input regarding education.
Academic Education SIS Quarterly articles (open to all members)
SIS Quarterly Practice Connections publication (open to all members)
Academic Education SIS Discussion Forum (open to all members)
Clinical & Academic Fieldwork Coordinators Forum (open to all members)
Academic Education SIS Teaching Tips (also found on the discussion forum)
To join the Academic Education SIS, contact AOTA Membership at 301-652-2682, ext. 2769 or toll-free at 1-800-SAY-AOTA (1-800-729-2682).
Academic Education SIS Standing Committee Members (Term of Office: 2016-2019)
|Lenin Grajo, PhD, EdM, OTR/L: Chairperson
||Julia Henderson-Kalb, MS, OTR/L: Communication Coordinator
||Bridgett Piernik-Yoder, PhD, OTR: Professional Development Coordinator
|Christine Myers, PhD, OTR/L: Quarterly Editor
||Giulianne Krug, PhD, OTR/L: Faculty Subsection Coordinator
||Rebecca Simon, MS, OTR/L: Fieldwork Subsection Coordinator