Academic Leadership Institute
You are invited to apply by Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 12 a.m., Midnight EST!
The American Occupational Therapy Association is pleased to announce the Academic Leadership Institute (ALI). The program allows participants the opportunity to grow and develop as academic leaders in the profession. ALI participants will attend a two-day intensive workshop, complete 7 monthly online modules, and participate in monthly facilitated group mentoring sessions. At the conclusion of the ALI, participants will receive certification and continuing education credit (55 contact hours).
The purpose of the ALI is to develop future academic leaders at all levels. A minimum of 2 years of experience in academic settings is recommended for applicants. There is an acute shortage of qualified academic leaders for occupational therapy education programs, which has been exacerbated by unprecedented growth in new academic programs and retirements across the academic community.
Read the ALI Overview
- Two day introductory face-to-face workshop (15 hours)
- Seven monthly modules (September 2017—March 2018) delivered in a synchronous and asynchronous format online (7 x 4 hours = 28 hours)
- Monthly facilitated group mentoring (7 x 1 hour = 7 hours)
- Self-assessment and career development plan (5 hours)
Total contact hours: 55 hours
480 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
July 31–August 1, 2017
- Workshop hotel cost: $149/night + tax
- Program tuition: $3,200 (can be paid in 8 installments of $400)
- Complete online application form. Note that a Letter of Support is required from your immediate supervisor or a member of your School/College administration at the time of your application submission.
- Deadline: All applications must be submitted online by
Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 12 a.m., Midnight EST
- Twenty (20) applicants will be selected to participate. Selected applicants will be notified by June 9th.
All questions regarding the program or application submissions should be directed to Valeta Njoroge at email@example.com.
|AOTA’s inaugural Academic Leadership Institute cohort graduation at the 2017 Annual Conference & Expo.