The Assembly of Student Delegates provides a mechanism for the expression of student concerns, and offers a means whereby students can have effective input into AOTA affairs. Annually, an ASD Representative from each OT and OTA educational program represents their peers at the ASD Annual Meeting. As a standing committee of the Board of Directors, the ASD Steering Committee serves the ASD membership by synthesizing student concerns to represent the student point of view to the Board of Directors, the Representative Assembly, the Commission on Practice, the Commission on Education, and all other bodies of AOTA as needed.
- Mark your calendars! The Assembly of Student Delegates Meeting will be held all day Wednesday, April 6, 2016 in Chicago, Illinois prior to the Annual Conference & Expo. See Preparing for the ASD Annual Meeting for more details.
The mission of the Assembly of Student Delegates is to support student members of AOTA by communicating their interests and advancing their professional contributions. This Assembly upholds the AOTA mission, promotes Association membership, and provides a forum for the development of student leadership and political awareness to enhance the viability of the profession.
Resources for ASD Representatives
ASD Annual Meeting Information
Connect with ASD
Additional ASD Student Resources
- OT Student Pulse– A monthly e-newsletter written by student for students created by the Assembly of Student Delegates.
- Boardroom to Classroom– An opportunity arranged by ASD for students to connect with members of the AOTA Board of Directors (BoD) to discuss important, current issues within the occupational therapy profession.
- Student Occupational Therapy Association (SOTA) Handbook– Handbook created by ASD to guide SOTAs operations including best practices for running a meeting, budgeting, fundraising, running elections, supporting officer positions and transitions, and more. ASD Reps are encouraged to share the handbook with their SOTA.
- Volunteer and Get Involved– Additional opportunities available to students.