AOTA’s Federal Affairs Department monitors and lobbies the U.S. Congress and selected federal agencies.
Department Staff provide developmental and operational support for the Association's grassroots lobbying network. The Federal Affairs Department supports the professional community by monitoring and influencing public policy initiatives that affect occupational therapy, providing consultation and resources to meet member needs, and interacting with external organizations to promote the profession.
Who We Are
- Christina A. Metzler, Chief Public Affairs Officer
- Heather Parsons, MSOT, Director of Federal Affairs
- Abe Saffer, MPM, Legislative Representative
- Darlene C. Dennis, Political Action Administrator
- Jill Tighe, PAC/Grassroots Associate
We can be reached at FAD@aota.org