The Volunteer Leadership Development Committee (VLDC) is seeking candidates for a number of appointed leadership positions. All of these positions are critical to the Association, so please consider yourself or a colleague by completing the online application process.
Note: Occupational therapy assistants are eligible to apply for all positions.
To determine whether you or your colleagues are qualified, please review the criteria below and those detailed in the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) or Job Description (JD) for each office. For additional information, please click on the positions listed below.
General Eligibility Criteria
- Shall have consistent access to a high-speed Internet connection and be comfortable working in a virtual communications environment. This includes opening, saving, editing, and sending attachments in email and other electronic formats as needed.
- Shall be a member in good standing of the Association and state affiliate at time of nomination and throughout the term of office.
- Shall have knowledge of and familiarity with Official Documents of the Association (including Bylaws, policies, relevant SOP/JD, AOTA Occupational Therapy Code of Ethics (2015), Administrative SOP, and Strategic Plan).
- Shall not serve in any other position at the same time unless designated in the SOP/JD or appointed to a smaller group of the body to which he or she was elected.
Appointments will be made by May 2018, with assumption of office on July 1, 2018. For more information or questions about positions or the application process, please contact VLDC@aota.org (include your name, email address, and telephone number).
The deadline for receipt of applications is Monday, March 5, 2018, by 12 p.m. EST. All application materials must be submitted by the deadline through the online platform in order to be considered.
Emerging Leaders Development Committee (ELDC)—2 members
Volunteer Leadership Development Committee (VLDC)—3 members
(Note: One member must be a new practitioner with 0–3 years of experience and/or a participant of the Emerging Leaders Development Program)
Ethics Commission (EC)—Public Member (this is a non-OT/OTA professional)
Applicants must submit the following to VLDC@aota.org:
- Curriculum vitae (CV) or résumé which outlines academic education, years of experience, professional accomplishments, and organizational involvement
- Cover letter highlighting relevant qualifications and leadership skills for this position
Commission on Continuing Competence & Professional Development (CCCPD)—2 members
Commission on Practice (COP)—3 members
(Note: Preference is given to individuals with adult physical rehabilitation, home and community health, gerontology, primary care, population health, and/or community practice experience)
Representative Assembly (RA)
Assembly of Student Delegates (ASD)
- OTA Vice Chairperson
- Student Representative to COE
Children & Youth SIS
Home & Community Health SIS
Mental Health SIS
Sensory Integration & Processing SIS
Work & Industry SIS