Are you ready to build a social learning community within the SISs?
Please submit a proposal to launch a Community of Practice (CoP)! A CoP is a group of people who share a common concern, a set of problems, or interest in a topic and who come together to fulfill both individual and group goals. CoP members discuss issues and then create new knowledge to advance their practices. This is an exciting opportunity to explore a topic meaningful to our SIS community; we can learn and mobilize together!
The CoP will meet once a month for 60 to 90 minutes for 1 year on a virtual platform. Two CoP pilots will be launched on March 1, 2018.
What should the proposal include?
- The proposal must identify two co-facilitators who will receive initial training and support. The co-facilitators will: (1) organize the virtual meetings; (2) measure, monitor, and guide the CoP process, and (3) determine a way to communicate and to support the SIS on an ongoing basis.
- Proposals should be no more than two pages or 500 words.
- The proposals should indicate:
- How it is member driven
- Clear benefit/value to members
- Substantive interest in/importance to the profession
- How it is linked to AOTA strategic priorities
- How it informs and supports the SIS
- Clear and measurable objectives
- Adherence to the CoP principles and methodology
- Each proposal will be reviewed by the SIS Standing Committee and scored through a rubric.
Please submit the proposal (as a Word doc) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 19, 2018. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Go to Adobe Connect to watch a recorded video of the Q & A meeting.