A convenient opportunity for earning CE credit with AOTA’s Continuing Education (CE) articles are available in the second issue of OT Practice each month. CE Articles are developed specifically with your professional development in mind, with identified objectives and a brief exam to help measure your learning.
Articles are active and available for earning credit for 2 years from the time of publication.
Member Price: $34.95
Non-member Price: $46.00
AOTA members save on the cost of CE articles. If you are not a member and wish to join AOTA, please call 800-SAY-AOTA or visit our Membership page.
Currently Available CE Articles
IMPORTANT NOTE: Effective July 1, 2013, all CE Articles require online completion of the exam to receive CEUs.
The courses below are listed in order of date of publication, with the most recent on top:
Collaborating With Family Caregivers in the Home Setting
Americans With Disabilities Act in 2015: Implications for Practice
Integrating Telehealth: Experiences in Incorporating Telehealth Tools and Principles Into a Pediatric Therapeutic Environment
Implementing a Mental Health Program Using the Recovery Model
CE Article: Evidence-Based Interventions for Older Adults With Mild Cognitive Impairment
Postsecondary Education for Students With Intellectual Disabilities: An Emerging Practice Area for OT Practitioners
Early Identification and Intervention in Sensory Issues in the Birth to 3 Years Population
The Intentional Relationship Model: A Framework for Teaching Therapeutic Use of Self
Occupational Therapy in Primary Care: An Emerging Area of Practice
Universal Design for a Lifetime: Inter-professional Collaboration and the Role of Occupational Therapy in Environmental Modifications
Rethinking Occupational Therapy's Role With Assistive Technology
Addressing Work Performance After Mild Brain Injury
Minimizing Secondary Complications for Clients With SCI: A Guide for General Occupational Therapy Practitioners
Connected and Mobile: Social Media Tools and Apps for Occupational Therapy and Mental Health Applications
Seating and Positioning for Productive Aging
Addressing the Occupational Needs of Parents Who Raise a Child With a Disability
Complementary Sensory-Based Interventions in Occupational Therapy Using a Sensory Integration Approach
Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports: A Role for Occupational Therapy in Schools
Journey of Leadership: Steps for a Meaningful Career
Providing Self-Management Support to People Living With Chronic Conditions
Adults With Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities in Nursing Home Settings
An Approach to Assessment of and Intervention for Adults With Sensory Processing Disorders (availability extended to September 30, 2015)
Home Modifications: An Introduction to Practice Considerations (availability extended to August 31, 2015)
If you have already purchased CE courses from AOTA, use this link for easy access to AOTA LEARN to view your courses.
How to Register for CE Article and Exam
- All CE Article exams must be purchased through the AOTA Online Store, whether the article is read in its OT Practice print version or online. Purchase conveniently at AOTA Store.
- You will instantly receive your username and password via email. Go to AOTA LEARN to access your articles and exam via the “Easy Access” link above.
- You receive a copy of the CE Article in PDF format that may be printed for personal use only.
- To register by phone, call 877-404-AOTA (2682) or 800-877-8555 (TDD).
How to Receive Continuing Education Credit
Contact Info for technical issues, payment, or general questions.
- Once the CE article is accessed online, you have 1 year to complete the exam with a passing grade of at least 75% to obtain credit.
- Once the exam is submitted, you will receive the results immediately. You are provided with two exam attempts to pass the exam.
- Your certificate and transcript is available immediately after passing the exam (print or download).