Each year the Assembly of Student Delegates (ASD) Steering Committee hosts an Annual Meeting for all ASD Representatives and Alternatives the day before AOTA’s Annual Conference & Expo. During this meeting, ASD Representatives have the opportunity to meet with the ASD Steering Committee and fellow Delegates to discuss important issues within the OT field and their vision for the year ahead. Leaders within AOTA and the OT profession present ASD Representatives with the most up-to-date professional news, resources, and opportunities. The ASD Annual Meeting provides an opportunity to refine leadership and professional skills as well as to network with other students and leaders in the field.
Mark your calendars! The Assembly of Student Delegates Meeting will be held from 8 AM to 5 PM (check in starts at 7:30 AM) on Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at the Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at City Creek (Grand Ballroom D, E) in Salt Lake City, Utah prior to the Annual Conference & Expo.
RSVP to the ASD Annual Meeting by March 18, 2018
Students representing their school will be responsible for covering all expenses (travel, hotel, and meals) associated with attending the meeting. There is no charge for the meeting itself. If students plan to stay to attend AOTA’s Annual Conference & Expo, registration and fees for the conference apply.
New this year! ASD is teaming up with Temple University's Occupational Therapy Department to hold a food and letter drive at the meeting. Canned goods will be collected for a local Philadelphia food bank, Philabundance. Please bring any non-perishable food you would like to donate to help those in need. Letters to military personnel will also be collected.
Pre-Meeting Delegate Checklist
- Read the ASD Representative Handbook from beginning to end.
- Register with the Assembly of Student Delegates if you haven't already.
- RSVP for the meeting.
- Meet with last year’s Representative to transfer materials, discuss the roles and duties of an ASD Representative, and discuss how you will present the information from the ASD meeting to your classmates.
- If you have not already done so, follow ASD on OT Connections, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You can use social media as a way to find a roommate to offset the cost of attending Conference.
- Make your travel arrangements as soon as possible, including transportation and lodging.
- Be sure to pack a notebook or laptop, the ASD Handbook, business casual clothing, spending money, and business cards (optional).
- Optional: Register and pay for the AOTA Conference (Thursday-Sunday) if you plan to attend.
ASD Representatives requesting reasonable accommodations while attending the ASD Meeting should direct their requests in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1, 2017. For those Representatives registering for Conference, please follow the directions for identifying reasonable accommodations as outlined on the Conference Registration form. For questions regarding accessibility needs at Conference, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
ASD Representatives are expected to present what they learned at conference with their peers, whether it be during class time or during a Student Occupational Therapy Association meeting. Schedule a time and date for the presentation now so that you will be ready to present when your return from the ASD Annual Meeting.
For a recap of the 2015 ASD Annual Meeting, view the 2015 ASD Annual Meeting Highlights Presentation.