Disability and Rehabilitation

Whether you’re recovering from an illness or injury, or have a permanent disability, occupational therapy practitioners make sure you can do all the things that are important to you. Sometimes they help you do something in a different way, and sometimes they suggest supports to help you be as independent as possible.

Occupational therapists must have a master’s degree for entry-level practice, and occupational therapy assistants must have an associate’s degree. Both must pass an initial certification exam.

The Tip Sheets below provide ways to address common conditions associated with rehabilitation and disability.

Chronic Pain

Hip Replacement

Returning to Work

Spinal Cord Injury - pdf

Recovering From Stroke

Traumatic Brain Injury (Also available in Spanish)