"Now, more than ever, AOTA needs participation from all its members, to keep our profession strong, visible, and relevant in these turbulent economic times. I personally invite you to enhance your professional growth by getting involved in AOTA leadership and volunteer opportunities..."
——Penelope Moyers Cleveland, EdD, OTR/L, BCMH, FAOTA,
Letter to OTAs, April 2009
OTA Leadership Development Toolkit: Suggested Reading
- Maxwell, J.C. (2001). Developing the leader within you. Nashville: Thomas Nelson.
- Maxwell, J.C. (2001). Developing the leader within you workbook. Nashville: Thomas Nelson.
- Pausch, R. & Zaslow, J. (2008). The last lecture. New York: Hyperion Books.
- Rath, T. (2007). Strengths finder 2.0. New York: Gallup Press.
- Sheehan, J.K. (2007). A leader becomes a leader: inspirational stories of leadership for a new generation. Belmont, MA: True Gifts Publishing.
Benefits of Leadership
Encouraging Employer Support for OTA Volunteerism
CE Credit for Volunteer Activities
Why Be Involved? - pdf, 46 kb
- NBCOT and State Licensure Renewal Requirements Recognizing Leadership and Volunteerism
Personal Stories From OTA Leaders