FREE short continuing education course from AOTA (targeted to children & youth or school based practice practitioners)
Bully Prevention and Friendship Promotion: Occupational Therapy’s Role in School Settings
This course, adapted from materials provided by Susan Bazyk, PhD, OTR/L, FAOTA, challenges occupational therapy practitioners in school settings to consider the impact of bullying on mental health and occupational performance. A public health approach easily incorporated in practice provides useful evaluation and intervention strategies. Participation in this course provides knowledge useful for bully prevention and friendship promotion. The course includes interactive learning activities and a variety of resources. Earn 1 contact hour toward your continuing education requirements at no cost!
Note: In addition to viewing on your computer, this course is easily viewed on iPads and other mobile tablets.
To access the free video recording:
- Go to AOTA Learn (www.aota.org/learn)
- Sign in with your AOTA membership log in information. If you are not an AOTA member, you can create an account at http://myaota.aota.org/createlogin.aspx.
- Go to the AOTA Products tab
- Use Refine Search (top left of the AOTA Products screen) and type in “bully”
- The course will be listed, click the launch button to activate the course.