The Education Special Interest Section (EDSIS) is a Special Interest Section of the American Occupational Therapy Association. EDSIS members share a common interest in the field of occupational therapy education and include fieldwork educators, academic fieldwork coordinators, and students. The EDSIS has a Fieldwork Council Subsection for fieldwork educators and academic fieldwork coordinators.
As a member of the EDSIS you will
- receive the EDSIS Quarterly which contains many informative articles on education;
- attend the fieldwork council subsection meeting and faculty subsection meeting forum;
- be able to ask questions to all members participating in the free EDSIS listserv;
- be eligible to vote for the EDSIS chair and have representation on the Commission on Education; and
- attend the EDSIS annual program and business meeting to provide grassroots input regarding education.
To join EDSIS, contact AOTA Membership at 301-652-2682, ext. 2769 or toll-free at 1-800-SAY-AOTA (1-800-729-2682).