Full status Approved Providers can award AOTA CEUs to their OT-relevant live or distance learning CE for the 4- or 5-year term of their approval. Learn more about the Full Status program.
AOTA Approved Providers must meet the requirements of the Approved Provider Program (APP) Criteria and Guidelines, and are then authorized to assign AOTA CEUs to their live or distance learning courses that are relevant to occupational therapy.
Procedures to Become an Approved Provider (Full Status)
- Complete the Approved Provider (full status) application for review by the AOTA APP committee.
- Submit your completed application to AOTA with your application fee.
- Once approved, AOTA CEUs may be offered for a period of 4 years. An annual fee will apply.
- Submit information about all courses assigned AOTA CEUs at least 14 days prior to their offering dates.
Benefits of Being a Full Status Approved Provider
- Recognition throughout the profession that the provider has met AOTA’s Approved Provider Program standards as a quality continuing education provider
- Recognition by 28 state OT licensure boards as a pre-approved course for licensure renewal
- Authorization to use the AOTA APP logo in promotional materials.
- Listing in the AOTA Approved Provider roster.
- Access to resources on password-protected provider Web page.
- Free listings and interactive features on the CE WebFind page of AOTA’s high-traffic Web site.
- Preferred Web site position for providers that offer AOTA members discounted registration fees.
- Visibility enhancements as an AOTA Approved Provider in both print and Web advertising and CE listings.
- Full benefits from AOTA marketing campaigns to promote the value of the AOTA CEU.