A convenient opportunity for earning CE credit with AOTA’s Continuing Education (CE) articles are available in the second issue of OT Practice each month. CE Articles are developed specifically with your professional development in mind, with identified objectives and a brief exam to help measure your learning.
Articles are active and available for earning credit for 2 years from the time of publication.
Member Price: $34.95
Non-member Price: $46.00
AOTA members save on the cost of CE articles. If you are not a member and wish to join AOTA, please call 800-SAY-AOTA or visit our Membership page.
Currently Available CE Articles
* IMPORTANT NOTE: Effective July 1, 2013, all CE Articles require online completion of the exam to receive CEUs.
The courses below are listed in order of date of publication, with the most recent on top.
Rethinking Occupational Therapy's Role With Assistive Technology
Addressing Work Performance After Mild Brain Injury
Minimizing Secondary Complications for Clients With SCI: A Guide for General Occupational Therapy Practitioners
Connected and Mobile: Social Media Tools and Apps for Occupational Therapy and Mental Health Applications
Seating and Positioning for Productive Aging
Addressing the Occupational Needs of Parents Who Raise a Child With a Disability
Complementary Sensory-Based Interventions in Occupational Therapy Using a Sensory Integration Approach
Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports: A Role for Occupational Therapy in Schools
Journey of Leadership: Steps for a Meaningful Career
Providing Self-Management Support to People Living With Chronic Conditions
Adults With Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities in Nursing Home Settings
The Virtual Context of Occupation: Integrating Everyday Technology Into Everyday Practice
Using the Model of Human Occupation and the Intentional Relationship Model in an Adult Physical Dysfunction Context
The History of Occupational Therapy in Adolescent Mental Health Practice
Dementia Care Communication: A Toolbox for Professionals and Families
Health Care Reform and School-Based and Early Intervention Practice
Collaborative Intraprofessional Education With Occupational Therapy and Occupational Therapy Assistant Students
An Approach to Assessment of and Intervention for Adults With Sensory Processing Disorders
Home Modifications: An Introduction to Practice Considerations
Leading With Ethics: Creating an Ethical Climate in Your Occupational Therapy Department
Occupational Therapy’s Role in Helping Clients Work
An Introduction to Telehealth as a Service Delivery Model Within Occupational Therapy
Evaluating Sensory Processing in Mental Health Occupational Therapy Practice
If you have already purchased CE courses from AOTA, use this link for easy access to AOTA LEARN to view your courses.
*To Register for CE Article and Exam
- All CE Article exams must be purchased through the AOTA Online Store, whether the article is read in its OT Practice print version or online. Purchase conveniently at AOTA Store.
- You will instantly receive your username and password via email. Go to AOTA LEARN to access your articles and exam via the “Easy Access” link above.
- You receive a copy of the CE Article in PDF format that may be printed for personal use only.
- To register by phone, call 877-404-AOTA (2682) or 800-877-8555 (TDD).
How to Receive Continuing Education Credit
Click here for Customer Service Q&A
- Once the CE article is accessed online, you have 1 year to complete the exam with a passing grade of at least 75% to obtain credit.
- Once the exam is submitted, you will receive the results immediately. You are provided with two exam attempts to pass the exam.
- Your certificate and transcript is available immediately after passing the exam (print or download).
for additional information.