AOTA E. K. Wise Scholarship: Building a Diverse OT Workforce
Previously known as the E. K. Wise Loan Program, the fund was established in the 1960s through the generous bequest of Elizabeth K. Wise to support women pursuing higher education degrees. The scholarship fund reflects the changes that have occurred in the education of entry-level occupational therapists over the last several decades while remaining true to the intent of the original bequest. The focus of the scholarship will be to support students from diverse backgrounds who can meet E.K. Wise’s and the Association’s objectives of developing a workforce to meet society’s diverse occupational needs in under served areas or communities.
We are now taking applications for the 2015-2016 E.K. Wise Scholarship. The application deadline is May 5, 2015, at 11:59 p.m. EST. Submit your application online!
The scholarship supports female students pursuing a post baccalaureate entry-level degree program in occupational therapy. In 2015, three awards will be granted in the amount of $2,500. Students may apply for a second year.
Qualified Applicants Must:
- Be enrolled (or accepted) in a post baccalaureate entry-level occupational therapy educational program on a full-time basis
- Be enrolled in the entry-level occupational therapy educational program for the full 2015-16 academic year (Fall 2015 thru Spring 2016)
- Demonstrate a sustained record of outstanding academic achievement
- Demonstrate leadership and community service
- Be able to contribute to a diverse work force
- Be a member of AOTA
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
A Scholarship Selection Committee composed of volunteer occupational therapy practitioners and educators reviews all of the applications and recommends scholarship recipients. The scholarships will be awarded in late summer 2015.
Please direct any further questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous Award Recipients: