Please Note: The Single Course Provider Application was revised in October 2016. The new application is designed to clarify requirements and reduce clarification requests. We strongly encourage applicants who have previously downloaded the Single Course Provider Application to use the revised application form. As of January 1, 2017, only the October 2016 version will be accepted.
Providers who offer only occasional courses that are relevant to occupational therapy can apply to have a second or third occurrence of a live course approved. A maximum of three total courses or occurrences of the same course may be approved in a 12–month period.
Benefits of Single Course Approval to CE Providers
- Recognition throughout the profession that the approved course has met AOTA’s Approved Provider Program standards as a quality continuing education activity.
- Recognition by 31 state OT licensure boards as a pre-approved course for licensure renewal.
- Free basic course listings on AOTA’s CE WebFind, a high traffic CE database.
- Highlighted designation in printed AOTA publications for paid advertisers.
- Authorization to use the AOTA APP Single Course Approval logo in promotional materials for this course for heightened visibility.
- Application Fee: $325
- Second or Third Occurrence Fee (same course): $225
- Optional Expedited Application Review Fee: $495
Procedures for Single Course Approval
- Complete the APP Single Course Approval application.
- Pay the application fee by calling 301-652-6611 x2834 to pay with a credit card or mail a check to the address on the application (link above).
- Applications for live format CE only will be accepted.
Once approved, AOTA CEUs may be offered for a single occurrence of this course.
Want to offer the same course again?
You may offer a second or third occurrence of the same course as a separate course for a discounted fee. Find out more here.