The AOTA Volunteer Leadership Development Committee (VLDC) requests applications from AOTA members to be considered for a position on the Distinct Value Ad Hoc Committee. This committee will be developing a template that will be used by practice area subgroups to articulate statements regarding the distinct value of occupational therapy across six broad practice areas.
The VLDC is specifically seeking:
- An entry level practitioner (less than 5 years in practice)
- A clinical practice manager (SNF, Rehab, School-based, etc.)
- An academic educator
- A member who has demonstrated the use of evidence in the practice arena; someone who has expertise in knowledge translation
For the subgroups, we are seeking three individuals for each of the following practice areas:
- Children and Youth: at least 1 person from school systems and 1 person from early intervention
- Rehabilitation, Participation & Disability
- Mental Health: at least 1 person with child/youth perspective, 1 person with a community based perspective, and 1 person with an aging perspective
- Productive Aging: at least 1 person who works in a SNF, 1 person from home health, and one clinical manager (at least one person must have experience in dementia)
- Work and Industry
- Health and Wellness
All committee work will be conducted electronically including conference calls and email over the duration of approximately 3 to 4 months, so comfort and skill using technology in a collaborative online environment is required.
Please send a cover letter outlining your skills, expertise, and interest in this opportunity and a CV/resumé to email@example.com no later than July 31, 2014 for consideration.