Connect to the OT Connection Forums: Step-by-Step Instructions
1. Go to www.otconnections.org/
2. Click on the LOGIN NOW! Button.
3. Enter your login name and password (same one used at www.aota.org). As an AOTA Member, you do not need to create a new user name or password if you already one.
4. Once logged in to OT Connections, click on the “FORUMS” tab.
5. Click on “Forums Subscription” (under Shortcuts in right column).
6. Manage your forum subscriptions: Select “Yes” or “No” to subscribe and receive e-mails of discussions on that forum. For each forum, you can receive one daily “Digest” e-mail or to receive e-mails for each post and replies, select the “Non-Digest” option. What's the Digest feature?
7. Finally, we suggest that you update your e-mail address book with the new e-mail addresses listed under “reply/post enabled.” These are the new e-mail addresses you will be receiving e-mails from and posting to via e-mail. We suggest you add them to your computer’s address book to ensure they are delivered and not flagged as SPAM. Show an example.
8. Congratulations! Once you have subscribed to the forums you want to receive e-mails from, and updated the e-mail addresses for those forums, you can close your browser. You’re all set to participate in the new discussion Forums!
If you have any questions, please check the FAQ page first first or contact email@example.com
OTConnections.org was designed to both improve the functionality of the old listservs and to provide the option of additional new features such as blogs, galleries, public forums, and support the creation of new groups and communities of interest.
On the site, creating a “Profile”or Blog is entirely optional, as is participating in the Galleries and Public forums.If you would like to participate and try these new features, please update your profile to join the over 1,100 participants who have already signed up to be a part of the new community. The choice is entirely up to you!
What's the Digest Feature?
The “Digest Feature” is now available on OTConnections at www.otconnections.org/. The digest allows you to receive one summarized e-mail per day for each forum (i.e. listserv) that you subscribe to. Your digest e-mail will be sent nightly and it includes all the activities of that forum over the last 24 hours.
Back to instructions
How to Update Your Computer's Address Book
PLEASE MAKE SURE to update your personal email address book with the NEW e-mail addresses listed under “Reply/Post Enabled” if you want to post and reply to the forums via e-mail. So for example, for the Geriatrics SIS:
Gerofirstname.lastname@example.org (the old listserv address) needs to be updated to
email@example.com (the new address)
Adding the NEW e-mail addresses to your computer's address book will also help ensure that digests or e-mails are delivered to your inbox, and prevent them from being flagged as SPAM, and ending up in your Junk Mail folder.
You must send new Forum Posts and Replies from your existing e-mail address. now.
If you have any questions, please visit the (OT Connections FAQ or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.