AOTA has determined that the Evidence Exchange CAPs have met AOTA-established criteria and guidelines for research design, format, and structure. The CAPS have been peer reviewed by CAP reviewers who are selected and trained by AOTA. However, the vigorous peer review process is conducted independently of the AOTA review and editorial processes.
- Esmaeilzadeh, S., Ozcan, E., & Capan, M. (2013). Effects of ergonomic intervention on work-related upper extremity musculoskeletal disorders among computer workers: A randomized controlled trial. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health, 87, 73-83. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00420-012-0838-5
- Hall, B., Lee, H. C., Fitzgerald, H., Byrne, B., Barton, A., & Lee, A. H. (2013). Investigating the effectiveness of full-time wrist splinting and education in the treatment of carpal tunnel syndrome: A randomized controlled trial. American Journal of Occupational Therapy, 67, 448–459. http://dx.doi.org/10.5014/ajot.2013.006031
Rempel, D., Krause, N., Goldberg, R., Benner, D., Hudes, M., & Goldner, G. (2006). A randomized controlled trial evaluating the effects of two workstation interventions on upper body pain and incident musculoskeletal disorders among computer operators [corrected] [published erratum appears in OCCUP ENVIRON MED 2006 Dec;63(12):856]. Occupational & Environmental Medicine, 63(5), 300–306. http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/oem.2005.022285
- Robertson, M. M., Ciriello, V. M., & Garabet, A. M. (2013). Office ergonomics training and a sit-stand workstation: Effects on musculoskeletal and visual symptoms and performance of office workers. Applied Ergonomics, 44(1), 73–85. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apergo.2012.05.001
- Baker, N. A., Moehling, K. K., Rubinstein, E. N., Wollstein, R., Gustafson, N. P., & Baratz, M. (2012). The comparative effectiveness of combined lumbrical muscle splints and stretches on symptoms and function in carpal tunnel syndrome. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 93, 1–10. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apmr.2011.08.013
- Jaromi, M., Nemeth, A., Kranicz, J., Laczko, T. & Betlehem, J. (2012). Treatment and ergonomics training of work-related lower back pain and body posture problems for nurses. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 21(11-12), 1776–1784. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2012.04089.x
- Jongprasitkul, H., Suputtitada, A., Kitisomprayoonkul, W., & Pintawinruj, K. (2011). Elastic bandage versus neoprene thumb stabilizer splint in acute De Quervain’s tenosynovitis. Asian Biomedicine, 5, 263–267. http://dx.doi.org/10.5372/1905-7415.0502.035
- Allaire, S. H., Li, W., & LaValley, M. P. (2003). Reduction of job loss in persons with rheumatic diseases receiving vocational rehabilitation. Arthritis and Rheumatism, 48(11), 3212–3218. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/art.11256
- Gomes Carreira, A., Jones, A., & Natour, J. (2010). Assessment of the effectiveness of a functional splint for osteoarthritis of the trapeziometacarpal joint of the dominant hand: A randomized controlled study. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine, 42, 469–474. http://dx.doi.org/10.2340/16501977-0542
- Povlsen, B. (2012). Physical rehabilitation with ergonomic intervention of currently working keyboard operators with nonspecific/Type II work-related upper limb disorder: A prospective study. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 93(4), 78–81.