The Education Special Interest Section (EDSIS) was created by the American Occupational Therapy Association in 1991. EDSIS members share a common interest in the field of occupational therapy education and include fieldwork educators, academic fieldwork coordinators, and students. The EDSIS has a Fieldwork Council Subsection for fieldwork educators and academic fieldwork coordinators.
As a member of the EDSIS you will
- receive the EDSIS Quarterly, which contains many informative articles on education;
- be able to attend the Fieldwork Council subsection meeting and Faculty Subsection meeting forum;
- be able to ask questions to all members participating in the EDSIS discussion forum;
- be eligible to vote for the EDSIS chairperson and have representation on the Commission on Education; and
- attend the EDSIS annual program and business meeting to provide grassroots input regarding education.
EDSIS Standing Committee Members (Term of Office: 2013-2016)
Tina M. DeAngelis, EdD, OTR/L: Chairperson
Lenin Grajo, EdM, OTR/L, OTRP: Professional Development Coordinator (Forums)
Celia H. Schulz, PhD, OTR: Professional Development Coordinator (Education/Research)
Michael Roberts, MS. OTR/L: Quarterly Editor
Rivka Molinsky, PhD, OTR/L: Faculty Subsection Coordinator
Jeanette Koski, MS, OTR/L: Fieldwork Subsection Coordinator
Education Special Interest Section Quarterly Newsletter
(open to all members)
Education SIS Discussion Forum (open to all members)
Clinical & Academic Fieldwork Coordinators Forum (open to all members)
EDSIS Teaching Tips (also found on the EDSIS discussion forum)
To join EDSIS, contact AOTA Membership at 301-652-2682, ext. 2769 or toll-free at 1-800-SAY-AOTA (1-800-729-2682).