General Practice Resources
Pediatric Virtual Chats
AOTA Official Documents
Ellen Harrington-Kane, OT, MS, HSM, assistant vice president of autism and medical rehabilitation at Easter Seals, and Janie Scott, MA, OT/L, FAOTA, an occupational therapy and aging-in-place consultant and lecturer at Towson University, discuss the role of occupational therapy in autism intervention.
- Children's Mental Health
AOTA's pediatric coordinator, Sandra Schefkind and Susan Bazyk, professor of occupational therapy at Cleveland State University, discuss the role of occupational therapy in children's mental health.
- Autism Work Group
Help to plan, develop, and disseminate information related to autism, to articulate the role of occupational therapy in providing service to those individuals on the spectrum, network and collaborate within IDEA Partnership, and to convey key messages to State and Local levels.
Resources Outside AOTA
- A new National Resource and Information Center on ASD and other Developmental Disabilities Autism NOW Project which provides high quality resources and information related to community-based experiences and evidence-based intervention for autism service providers, researchers, families, and persons with autism.
- A free iTunes application, Autism Quiz, tests your knowledge in one of our four challenging quizzes. The "Beginner" quiz examines basic information about autism, from diagnostic criteria to common behavior patterns. The "Advanced" quiz asks up-to-date questions about the latest advances in autism research.
- Guide to Help Educators from National Education Association (NEA): Puzzle of Autism
- IDEA Partnership Collection on Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Oral Hygiene: Healthy Smiles for Autism (free oral hygiene guide)
Research-related resources from the IACC include: