Student Occupational Therapy Association (SOTA) Handbook
Created by the 2014–2015 AOTA Assembly of Student Delegates Steering Committee (ASDSC)
This handbook is intended to help occupational therapy and occupational therapy assistant students develop and sustain successful student occupational therapy associations (SOTAs). It is hoped this handbook will facilitate increased SOTA productivity, engagement, communication, and teamwork.
- To strengthen SOTA development and sustainability
- To maximizes SOTA effectiveness and efficiency
Suggested uses for this SOTA Handbook:
- Use it throughout the year to guide operations for programming activities, running a meeting, budgeting, fundraising, running elections, supporting officer positions and transitions, and more.
- Customize it by adding pertinent information for your specific SOTA leadership roles, events, and procedures.
- Use it in new and innovative ways in order to maximize your SOTA's success.
- Pass it down year after year to subsequent SOTA Leadership Teams to ensure successful officer transitions.
Download a print version of the SOTA Handbook for officer transition binders.
To share your ideas, suggestions, and questions about the SOTA handbook, email email@example.com.
Mernar, T. J. (2000). Handbook for developing or modifying a student occupational therapy association: An organizational approach. [Master's thesis.] South Orange, NJ: Seton Hall University.
Simons, S., Georgen, M., Fay, S., Landgraf, E., & Matlock, C. (2013). Participation in Student Occupational Therapy Associations. [Master’s thesis.] Saint Louis, MO: Saint Louis University.
Pharmacy and Health Professions Student Government (PHPSG). (2014). PHPSG officer handbook. Omaha, NE: Creighton University.