Providers who offer only occasional courses that are relevant to occupational therapy can apply to have a second or third occurrence of a live course approved. A maximum of three total courses or occurrences of the same course may be approved in a 12–month period.
Benefits of Single Course Approval to CE Providers
- Recognition throughout the profession that the approved course has met AOTA’s Approved Provider Program standards as a quality continuing education activity.
- Recognition by 28 state OT licensure boards as a pre-approved course for licensure renewal.
- Free basic course listings on AOTA’s CE WebFind, a high traffic CE database.
- Highlighted designation in printed AOTA publications for paid advertisers.
- Authorization to use the AOTA APP Single Course Approval logo in promotional materials for this course for heightened visibility.
- Application Fee: $275
- Second or Third Occurrence Fee (same course): $175
- Optional Expedited Application Review Fee: $450
Procedures for Single Course Approval
- Complete the APP Single Course Approval application.
- Pay the application fee by calling 301-652-6611 x2834 to pay with a credit card or mail a check to the address on the application (link above).
- Applications for live format CE only will be accepted.
Once approved, AOTA CEUs may be offered for a single occurrence of this course.
Want to offer the same course again?
You may offer a second or third occurrence of the same course as a separate course for a discounted fee. Find out more here.