Host a Fieldwork Educators Certificate Workshop
Provides 15 Contact Hours/1.5 AOTA CEUs
Students depend on fieldwork educators to help them succeed in real-world practice through their knowledge, supervision, and direction. Here is your opportunity to help make that happen by hosting a new AOTA Fieldwork Educator Certificate Program!
Designed specifically for fieldwork educators and academic fieldwork coordinators, these first-of-their-kind 2-day training sessions teach strategies to support best practice in fieldwork education. Each workshop must be facilitated by two trained instructors from your region.
What Do You Need To Do?
- Recruit 2 trained regional instructors from your region.
- Collaborate with instructors on workshop scheduling and logistics.
- Provide an appropriate classroom environment.
- Provide audio-visual resources to accommodate 25-28 participants.
- Provide light refreshments (up to $500 allowance provided).
- Help recruit participants from your local community.
What Will AOTA Do?
- Publicize workshops through the AOTA Web site and publications (adequate notification required).
- Provide online registration (AOTA Members: $225, nonmembers: $359).
- Offer two (2) complementary workshop registrations for the host facility.
- Provide teaching materials, participant handbooks, and certificates.
- Provide up to $500 allowance for refreshments.
- Provide instructor honorariums.
To get started, complete the Host Site Application form. To learn more, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To print a copy of this flyer click here (pdf).