Self and Family Assessments
Various aging and traffic safety groups have developed questionnaires to help you decide if you should seek formal help in evaluating your driving abilities.
Some of these self-assessments take only a few minutes to answer. Others take longer but will give you more helpful information about your driving.
- American Automobile Association (AAA)
- AAA Roadwise Review: A Tool to Help Seniors Drive Safely Longer (Scroll to "Senior Driver Safety and Mobility" section.) This is a scientifically validated,computer-based screening tool that allows seniors to measure the eight functional abilities shown to be the strongest predictors of crash risk among older drivers in the privacy of their own home.
- AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety
- AARP Driver Safety Program
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- University of Michigan
- Driving Decisions Workbook [PDF file] from the University Eby, D. W., Molnar, L. J., & Shope, J. T. (2000). Driving decisions workbook (Report UMTRI-2000-14). Ann Arbor: University of Michigan, Transportation Research Institute.