San Diego Dazzles
Internationally, San Diego is a top destination for conventions and vacations, and AOTA chose it for you in 2013! Sunny skies, 70° weather, and sparkling blue water will surround us in an ambiance of vibrancy and relaxation. This is the perfect environment for four exceptional days in April to reignite our enthusiasm for learning and to unwind from the stressful twists in life. You don’t want to miss San Diego!
While you’re at Conference, here are ways to enjoy San Diego during short breaks:
- Walk along the Waterfront—blue water, stunning city views, and ”urban tree” sculptures are waiting for you as you walk north along the Embarcadero bayside path that is directly behind the Convention Center.
- Take the Old Town Trolley Tour—the best way to see the city quickly is this entertaining tour, and you can catch it right next door to the Convention Center.
- Explore the Gaslamp Quarter—take time to see the sights of San Diego’s urban playground just a few steps away from the Convention Center that is filled with sidewalk cafés, specialty boutiques, fine dining, and more.
After Conference, take a vacation in San Diego!
- Feel the soft sand of Coronado Beach at your feet—clean, uncrowded, and 28 miles of awe-inspiring shorelines await you in Coronado, just a few miles away from downtown. That’s just one of so many beautiful seashores for swimming, sunbathing, surfing, and meeting California Sea Lions. Don’t forget your sunscreen!
- Taste the delicious flavors of worldwide cuisine— while you’re in San Diego, eat spicy authentic Mexican food in Old Town, fill up on Italian food in Little Italy, venture into downtown for Thai or Indian, head to ocean fronts for fresh seafood, and so much more. Yummy!
- See the beauty and wonder of Balboa Park—the largest urban park in America is filled with the San Diego Museum of Art, Reuben H. Fleet Science Center, San Diego Natural History Museum, Botanical Building, and other attractions. Fantastic sights to see!
- Listen to great music—for rock ‘n roll, take an evening at the House of Blues; for jazz and blues, try Anthology in Little Italy, for classical, go to the San Diego Symphony. Or, check out Humphrey’s Concerts By The Bay and see stars perform under the stars!
One more thing … make your family happy by taking your kids with you!
- San Diego Zoo is one of the world’s greatest zoos, with more than 800 species of animals that display their unique characteristics.
- Safari Park provides a 2,200-acre sanctuary for exotic and endangered animals from all over the world with close-up viewing.
- SeaWorld San Diego is a fun-filled aquatic park that overflows with whales, dolphins, sharks, and other marine animals, including the Turtle Reef aquarium.
- LEGOLAND California is a magical, interactive theme park for kids up to 12 years old with more than 50 rides and attractions.
- Mexico is a short 45-minute trolley ride away from San Diego, so you can bring your passport and take a day trip to Tijuana.
To learn more, click here.
SAN DIEGO WILL DAZZLE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY — SEE YOU THERE!