Your Feedback Makes A Difference!
Each year following Conference, attendees receive an online survey from AOTA asking for important feedback on their Annual Conference & Expo experience. Based on this past year’s survey responses, AOTA has made changes for 2013!
- The Conference Program Guide will more prominently display the advanced-level and intermediate-level sessions. All 3-hour Workshops are at the advanced-level or intermediate-level.
- In response to the number-one attendee request that they receive handouts, greater emphasis will be placed in all speaker communications regarding the importance of providing handout material.
- Due to the popularity of Poster sessions, an additional 2-hour session has been added, with a total of 7 Poster sessions now available.
- For better dialogue and interaction, the SIS Roundtable sessions have been moved to a quieter, less busy space that will improve networking.
- Badge scanning to track CE credit has been discontinued. Attendees now will be able to track the sessions they attend in a new CE Booklet, and then download their own CE letter within 24 hours of the completion of the Annual Conference. Look for your CE Booklet when you pick up your materials on site. In addition, a downloadable copy of the Booklet will be posted on the Web site in April.
- With our new CE system, attendess will be able to provide speakers with feedback on their presentations.
- We are making greater use of social media during Conference, and attendees are encouraged to follow AOTA updates, news, photos, and comments on Twitter using hashtag #AOTA13, and to post their own comments and photos on Twitter and Facebook. Look for specially marked Tweet Seats in each session room.
- We will continue to focus on making our Conference greener and more environmentally friendly through online handouts, fewer printed pages and more information on the Web, electronic messages and surveys, and recycling materials and containers.
- Speakers are being provided with a more robust Speakers’ page on the Web site so they have more guidance on best practices for presenting material to adult learners.
- We are expanding efforts to assist our first-time attendees as they prepare for Conference in San Diego. Assistance will also be available on site to help all attendees navigate the largest AOTA program ever and to find their way around the convention center.
- The Conference Web site has been reorganized to make it easier to search and use.
- Groups of attendees from the same school or organization can now register online and take advantage of the group discount rates.
- We are providing a designated lounge space in the convention center for attendees to meet and network more easily. Look for the schedule on the Web site in early April.
- The onsite guide map will include restrooms and elevators.
- “Conversations that Matter.” Our new lounge space is set up for attendees to take a break and connect with like-minded colleagues. Check the schedule outside the lounge to see if a topic interests you or just show up for conversations. Bonus—the beautiful views of the bay as a backdrop!
About 10 days after Conference, please be on the lookout for an e-mail from AOTA asking you to complete the online Conference survey. Your participation is important for AOTA to continue making improvements to the Annual Conference & Expo.