Volunteer sign-up will launch in late October when the education program has been finalized.
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Support your National Professional Association
- Meet leaders of the profession
- Great networking opportunities
- Attend educational sessions when serving as room monitor
- Free entry into the Expo Hall when working in the AOTA Marketplace/Member Resource Center
- Grow your professional portfolio
- Earn free admission to the Expo on Friday or Saturday after completing 4 volunteer hours.
AOTA membership is NOT a requirement to serve as a volunteer, so come and join us!
Volunteer Opportunities Descriptions
- Room Monitors check attendee badges and take a headcount as attendees enter educational sessions. A minimum of two room monitors are assigned to each session room. You have the option to purchase contact hours in increments of 3 contact hours for $25 for any session you serve as room monitor.
- Information, Hospitality, & Accessibility Services Booth answer attendee questions and provide information on local attractions, shops, and restaurants. A position ideal for outgoing individuals who love to help!
- Registration Area – Several positions are available for energetic and friendly volunteers to assist attendees move smoothly through the registration lines:
- Make sure the line is moving smoothly at the Express Pass Station by directing attendees to oepn kiosk stations and providing assistance with badge printing
- Handout conference bags and other materials at the bag pickup counter
- Direct attendees to the correct registration line and answer general questions.
- AOTA Marketplace/Member Resource Center in the Exhibit Hall: Help bag attendee purchases, give out Conference ribbons, and answer questions. This position will give you free access to the Expo.
Questions? Send an email to AOTAVolunteer@gmail.com