Ad Hoc Committee Meeting Agenda Sept 21-22, 2010
Tuesday, September 21, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Wednesday, September 22, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Breaks will be provided in the morning and afternoon and lunch will be served at 12:00 noon on each day.
- Opening Remarks by Ad Hoc Chair
- Review Agenda – meeting facilitator, Paul D. Meyer
- Create Group’s “Rules of Engagement”
- Discuss and List Process Outcomes
- Building the Group’s Knowledge-base
Meeting participants will begin building a knowledge-base to assist them in informing their decisions.
- Provide Overview of Successful Change Management Initiatives
- Provide Concepts Used to Building Knowledge-base:
- Dialogue before deliberation
- I know, I believe, I feel…
- Review Motion
- I move to charge the President and Speaker of the RA to jointly appoint an ad hoc committee composed of the following people: Commission Chairs (4), SISC Chair, RA Speaker, an RA member, a member from the current Participation Ad Hoc committee, 2 members at-large, a member of ASAP, an ASD Steering Committee member, an OTA member, an officer of Association, and a Chairperson to continue to explore opportunities for both procedural and organizational changes designed to respond to the concerns raised by the President in the recently defeated Participation Review motion with feedback from the AOTA membership with an interim report for fall 2010 and final report with recommended action to the Assembly in the Spring 2011 RA.
- Review and Discuss Background Primary Research Conducted for Project
Questions for discussions:
- What are the key themes?
- What do you support?
- What do you disagree with?
- What is missing or needs more clarification?
- Discuss Other Data Points from Secondary Research Sources Relevant to Task
- Building the Foundation for Decision-making
Meeting participants will create the foundational building blocks supporting their final recommendations.
- Discuss and Finalize Design Specifications
- What can you support?
- What is missing?
- What are the most important design specifications
- Review and Discuss Recommendations Created by the Past Ad hoc Committe
Questions for Discussion and Group Vote:
- Are there any recommendations we can all support?
- What recommendations have majority support?
- What recommendations do not have majority support?
- What is possibly missing?
- Create “Advantages” and “Disadvantages” of Participation Review Ad Hoc Committee Recommendations – What do we like and what do we dislike and “why?”
- Create Next Steps in Preparation for Next Meeting
- Identify areas for research, if needed
- Identify Subgroups to work on specific recommendations, if needed
- Discuss communications strategy – who needs to know what prior to our next meeting?
- Create timeline
- Adjourn Meeting – 3:00 p.m.