Capital Briefing Articles from OT Practice
- 11-24-14 - Advocating for Improvements to Health Insurance Exchange Plans - PDF, 80 kb
- 10-13-14 - CMS Calls on States to Provide Coverage for Range of Autism Services - PDF, 436 kb
- 8-25-14 - Collaboration and Active Membership are Key to Advocacy Success - PDF, 47 kb
- 7-14-14 - Fair Cost Sharing - PDF, 56 kb
- 5-26-14 - State Legislative Update - PDF, 48 kb
- 4-14-14 - Affordable Care Act Implementation: 2014 Update - PDF, 94 kb
- 2-14-14 - State Legislative Report - PDF, 160 kb
- 12-16-13 - Affordable Care Act Implementation Update - PDF, 170 kb
- 10-21-13 - Occupational Therapy's Important Role in the Future of Long-Term Care - PDF, 191 kb
- 9-9-13 - Health Insurance Exchanges Are Coming - PDF, 291 kb
- 7-22-13 - Identifying New Roles for Occupational Therapy Professionals in Primary Care - PDF, 51 kb
- 6-24-13 - State Legislative Update - PDF, 174 kb
- 4-8-13 - State Legislative Update - PDF, 71 kb
- 3-11-13 - Habilitative Services An Opportunity for the Profession - pdf, 182 kb
- 1-21-13 - State Legislative Forecast - pdf, 164 kb
- 9-24-12 - AOTA State Associations Collaborate on Health Reform Advocacy - pdf, 155 kb
- 8-6-12 - Moving Forward Health Reform in the States - pdf, 169 kb
- 7-23-12 - AOTA and State Associations: Collaborating on Local Reimbursement Issues - PDF, 169 kb
- 6-18-12 - State Flexibility and the Essential Health Benefits - pdf, 647 kb
- 3-26-12 - Partnering for Practice Protection - pdf, 208 kb
- 2-6-12 - State Legislative Forecast - pdf, 191 kb
- 12-19-11 - Essentially Covered Defining Essential Health Benefits - pdf, 190 kb
- 11-28-11 - State Legislative Review - PDF, 187 kb
AOTA State Legislative and Regulatory Monitoring Reports
The State Affairs Group is responsible for all of AOTA's state legislative and regulatory activities.
This department monitors and provides analysis of proposed legislation and regulations affecting occupational therapy in the states, conducts outreach, and provides assistance to state occupational therapy associations on key state issues such as professional regulation and scope of practice.
As part of this ongoing effort AOTA provides weekly legislative and regulatory monitoring reports detailing the new proposals introduced each week along with any actions on existing bills and regulations. All items in the report are linked directly to the text of the proposal so that you may read the measure and see how it will impact OT practice in the states.
Please contact the State Affairs Group at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the state regulation of occupational therapy and any of the proposed law changes included in the reports.