The American Occupational Therapy Association, a national health care professional association located in downtown Bethesda, MD, has an immediate opening for a Web and Social Media Administrator in our Business Operations division.
This individual will have critical responsibilities to help maintain the AOTA Web site using the Information Architecture (IA) as a guide via the Sitecore content management system; to use e-mail marketing software to deploy e-mail campaigns to membership; and to monitor and provide technical support for OT Connections, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other social media outlets, in collaboration with other AOTA staff. This individual will also be responsible for detailed analysis of traffic and usage of our Web site and social media platforms, and to make recommendations based on our strategic plans and goals.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Codes and publishes Web site content.
- Develops, lays out, and designs Web pages in collaboration with the Web editor.
- Works closely with the Web editor to ensure all site changes and additions are published in a timely manner and according to our IA.
- Sets up, tests, and deploys e-mail campaigns using e-mail software and working with Marketing staff and designers. Monitor and interpret e-mail analytics and make suggestions to improve deliverability, open rates, and click throughs.
- Works closely with program, product, and technical staff to maximize use of Web site and carry out organization’s mission and outreach programs.
- Monitors and compiles Web analytics for Web site and social networking sites; prepares monthly reports and analysis for management.
- Suggests and implements strategies based on analysis of Web and social media traffic and usage and participates in Web strategy development to promote the organization’s objectives.
- Monitors and moderates the content of AOTA’s social media site, OT Connections, and provides technical support to users and staff.
- Provides technical support and advice to staff using additional technology, such as TalkShoe, for recording podcasts.
- Keeps up to date on Web and social media developments to help optimize AOTA’s usage of these tools.
- BA/BS + min. 2 to 4 years of related experience.
- Extensive knowledge of electronic communication systems and methods, tracking mechanisms such as Google Analytics, and quantitative analysis tools.
- Excellent computer skills required, including Web content management system experience (Sitecore preferred), HTML coding, and e-mail marketing software experience.
- Knowledge of database structures and ability to work with association management systems highly preferred.
- Ability to grasp and apply new interactive marketing and technology trends.
- Project management, creative, oral and written communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills required.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Must have excellent communication, organization, and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills are also required.
AOTA offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package including a 401k match, health insurance, transportation subsidy, and much more! We are located just one block from the Bethesda Metro Station.
To apply: E-mail resume with job reference—HRJob/WSMA—plus cover letter indicating salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org or send to: AOTA, HRJob/WSMA, 4720 Montgomery Lane, Bethesda, MD 20814 or Fax: 301-652-1704. EOE