The American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), located in downtown Bethesda, MD, has an immediate opening for a Production/Digital Editor to provide editorial and project management support for AOTA publications.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Provides editorial and project management to ensure that assigned AOTA publications are developed to maximum marketability and produced on schedule, according to high-quality standards and procedures, in multiple formats.
- Provides project management of and connections among all aspects of AOTA Press’s digital presence.
- Copyedit and proofread for assigned publications/projects.
- Hires and supervises freelancers, including copy editors, indexers, proofreaders, and medical editors.
- Complete all official paperwork for each book project, including copyright and ISBN, as well as fulfilling contractual obligations (e.g., distributing complimentary copies and paying authors stipends and royalties), sending out copies for review, and submitting entries for awards upon publication.
- Maintains all paperwork and correspondence relating to the AOTA/AOTA Press contracts, agreements, and relationships with the Copyright Clearance Center, Library of Congress, and related content reuse or protection entities, domestic or international.
We are looking for a skilled individual that is a team player.
Specific requirements include: BA/BS degree plus a minimum of 2 to 4 years of related work experience or a comparable combination of formal education and experience. Applicants must be: computer proficient with MS Office Suite; possess excellent proofreading & copyediting skills, have excellent communication skills and organizational skills and superior attention to detail. Excellent interpersonal skills needed and the ability to interact professionally and effectively with all levels of staff and members.
AOTA offers a comprehensive benefits package including competitive salary, 401(k) match, health insurance and transportation subsidy. We are located one block from the Metro center in Bethesda, MD.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please e-mail your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: AOTA, 4720 Montgomery Lane, Bethesda, MD 20814 or Fax: 301-652-7711. EOE