AOTA is looking for a Director of Accreditation Affairs
Are You Looking for a Way to Positively Influence Your Profession?
We are seeking a Director of Accreditation that will be responsible for the oversight, strategic direction, and representation of AOTA’s Accreditation Department. This is a great opportunity to use your expertise to positively influence the profession.
- Addresses complex education and curriculum content issues related to Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) accreditation and ensures that ACOTE charges are efficiently completed.
- Addresses issues related to higher education and academic preparation of occupational therapist and occupational therapy assistants including education and curriculum content, fieldwork and student issues.
- Responsible for accreditation web content on the Association’s website.
- Serves as liaison to ACOTE and other committees and task groups as requested/required.
- Prepares accreditation and academic related communications for educational program administrators and chief executive officers.
- In conjunction with the Chief Academic and Scientific Affairs Officer and Director of Research, ensures that strategic and tactical plans of the Academic and Scientific Affairs are implemented.
- Supervises and directs the activities of the Accreditation Department.
Initial certification as an occupational therapist is required plus a PhD or equivalent degree in occupational therapy or other compatible field. Requires a minimum of 8 -10 year’s experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in occupational therapy. Volunteer leadership in Association activities is highly desirable. Knowledge of the accreditation process is required.
- Excellent project management, communication (both oral and written)
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and interact professionally and effectively with all levels of staff and members
AOTA is conveniently located just one block from the Bethesda Metro station in the Washington, DC Metropolitan area. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes 401(k) employer match, health insurance, transportation/parking subsidy, plus much more! Off-site distance tele-commuting may be an option but not preferred. E-mail résumé and cover letter with salary history (required) to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: AOTA, HRJob/DAAA, 4720 Montgomery Lane, Bethesda, MD 20814 or fax: 301-652-1704. EOE